The Zoom web client allows joining a Zoom meeting or webinar without downloading any plugins or software. However, the web client has limited features, which include:
- Join Audio
- View shared content
- View video in Active Speaker
- Raise Hand
Through your settings, you can control if the Join From Browser link appears automatically or if it only appears once the participants attempts to download the Zoom client. Learn more.
This article covers:
- Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0 or higher
- Google Chrome 53.0.2785 or higher
- Safari 10.0.602.1.50 or higher
- Firefox 49.0 or higher
- Click the link to join the meeting.
- An option Join from your Browser may appear automatically. If it does not, select download & run Zoom.
- The option Join from your Browser will appear.
- You will be prompted to enter your name.
- Click Join to be taken into the meeting.
Once you have joined, you can join the audio by computer, dial in by telephone, or choose call me (if enabled for the host's account). Call Me and Toll Free numbers require a Premium Audio Subscription.
- Click Join Audio.
- Click Phone Call, Computer Audio, or Call Me tab to choose your join method.
- Phone Call: Follow the instructions on the screen for dialing in by phone.
- Computer Audio: Click Join Audio By Computer. After joining computer audio, you can Mute/Unmute at the lower left corner or click on the ^ to select a different microphone and/or speaker.
- Call Me: Choose the country of the phone you are calling from the drop down. Enter the phone number. Check Remember the number on this computer if you would like this number stored for future meetings. Click Call Me.
When joined into a Zoom meeting from the web client, you can view one participant's video in Active Speaker view or if the host spotlights a video. If multiple participants are sharing their video, you will only be able to see one at a time.
You can also choose not to view the video or adjust the quality.